Michigan District 2 Little League 2021 Season – Return to Play Plan
Per recommendations from Little League International, Michigan District 2 Little League has developed the guidelines below by working with the Kalamazoo County Health and Community Services Department. The following plan will be adopted by all leagues that are part of District 2. These guidelines are based on currently in-effect guidance and recommendations from various governing bodies and can change as the guidance changes.
Michigan District 2 Little Leagues
Alamo, Delton-Kellogg, Eastwood, Gull Lake, Lakeview, Milwood, Northwood/Plainwell, Parchment, Quad Cities, South Portage, West Portage, Westwood
Guidelines Current as of March 31, 2021:
• Per current MDHHS Interim Guidance for Athletics, all players and coaches will be required to wear a mask at all times.
• 6ft social distancing must be maintained by spectators on bleachers, or when seated along fence lines.
• If dugouts are used, players and coaches must be masked at all times. Players must social distance as much as possible.
• Hand Sanitizer will be available for each team. Players are requested to use prior to each at bat, and upon return from the field to their designated area outside of the dugout.
• It is highly encouraged that all players have their own equipment. If a player does not have their own helmet, it is recommended that the league provide a helmet that a player can use for the duration of the season and return at the end. Shared equipment (i.e. catcher gear, team bats, fielding helmets with facemasks) will be sanitized after each use. It is recommended that coaches minimize the number of players using shared equipment on a daily basis (i.e., one or two designated catchers per game )
• Leagues will establish a daily health screen recommendation for parents to complete on their own for their player prior to each practice or game.
• Coaches will make a note of all players, coaches, umpires and any other volunteer who assists with a game or practice - for example in their scorebook - for purposes of contact tracing.
• All players ages 13 and up will be required to participate in weekly covid testing to be eligible to participate in any clinic, practice or game. More details to come.